Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Silhouette Profiles



I just love these pictures that I did of the children's silhouettes.  They are fun to make and look great above my hutch in the kitchen.  Sorry about the glare in the photos, I never claimed to be a good photographer :)

First I had the kids stand against a white wall and took a picture of their profile.  It would probably work great if you took the photograph in front of a bright window too.  Then I printed out the pictures in the size I needed.  For these, I wanted the finished product to fit in a 5 x 7 inch frame so I actually had to print them a couple of times making some adjustments and printing again until I had the right size.  Then I took their photos and taped them to some black card stock.  Using a small Exacto knife, I very slowly and carefully cut out their profiles exactly as they were in the photos.  I used some spray adhesive to adhere them to some pretty handmade paper and stuck them in some inexpensive IKEA frames... and that's it!  So easy and fun too.  I would have loved to put these in some oval frames for more of an antique look, but those are hard to find!  Maybe one day I'll change them out. 


1 comment:

  1. Alyssa I just love these! I am going to try this sometime! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete