Wednesday, March 2, 2011

HomeMade Baby Wipes

So now that the kiddos are older and I don't have baby bottoms to clean, and our budget is really tight, I started thinking that buying babywipes is not a huge priority anymore . But we use them for so many things! I have heard that it is cost effective to make your own (although I haven't researched it myself) so one day, when we ran out of the beloved babywipe, I looked around the house and look what I found! Everything you need to make your own babywipes!!!
Here is what you need:
1/2 roll of a double layered paper towel (I used Up&Up from Target)
2 Tbs. Baby shampoo/wash
1 Tbs. Baby oil
2 cups water
3-5 drops Tea Tree Oil
a container with a tight lid that will fit the 1/2 roll of paper towels
Here is the SIMPLE process:
1) Cut the roll of papertowels in half (I used an electric knife but any really sharp knife will do)
2) Put one of the 1/2 rolls into your container
3) add the baby shampoo, baby oil, and drops of tea tree oil to the 2 cups of water, and mix
4) Pour the mixture all over the top of the papertowels in the container
5) The cardboard tube in the center of the towels will now be easy to pull out
6) Put the lid on and flip the container upsidedown- wait 2-5 minutes
7) Open up the lid, and take out a fresh new wipe from the center of your roll!
Thats it! So easy, and the whole thing took me about 10 minutes.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great to know. Will this work as well with other types of shampoo?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You probably could! I think using baby shampoo or wash is because it is gentle and tear free, but if you don't have anything else, I'd try it if I were you! :)

    ReplyDelete