Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Felt Baby Shoes


My daughter's kindergarten teacher is leaving soon to have a baby girl and so I made these sweet little shoes as a gift.  
I just love this pattern for Heather Bailey's Bitty Booties.  You can print out her instructions and the pattern which is so easy (and addictive to make)! 
The only thing I did different is, I chose to line my shoes and turn the seams on the outside.
 I used Eco-felt which is made from recycled plastic bottles for these shoes and some cotton fabric for the lining.  I have also used 100% wool felt to make these shoes which works great too and is so cute!

Here is what I did:

1.  Print out and cut out the paper pattern and pin it to your material.
2. Cut out two soles of the felt material and the lining material.
3. Cut out two shoe shapes in the felt and two in the lining.


4. Decorate the top of the shoe now.  
I chose to embroider some leaves and sew on a flower.


I used a whip stitch around the pink flower, a back stitch for the green vines and a petal stitch for the leaf.  Then I have done some french knots in the center of the flower.


5. Before you sew the shoe together, sew each piece of lining material to the felt material on the sewing machine as shown below. 


6. Pin the shoes together and blanket stitch around all edges,
and that's it!


Here are some other variations of the bitty booty pattern I made. 





















2 comments:

  1. These are very easy to make and there is no limit to the varieties. You are only limited by your own imagination. They are inexpensive and yet look very high quality. I made a pair for a friend with a baby boy that had a little bear head appliqued on the top. Turned out so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time describing my thoughts on content, but I really felt I should here. Your article is really great. I like the way you wrote this information. http://totshoes.com

    ReplyDelete