Thursday, June 23, 2011

Twin Dolls


My little girl was invited to her best friend's birthday party in another city.  So she came up with the idea to make twin dolls, one for her friend's present and one to keep!  Now they will think of eachother everytime they see their doll.

So my mom had an old (and I mean old) pattern for a Raggedy Ann doll that I used, I just embroidered a different face and sewed on different hair. 

If you want to know a really great way to sew yarn hair on a cloth doll, click HERE.

Raggedy Ann & Andy Dolls Pattern - McCall's 8378 or 5567 or 3998 or 712

I used two different coordinating fabrics for their clothes.  One had the green dress and blue apron and bloomers and the other had the blue dress and green apron and bloomers.  The clothes turned out so cute!  My daughter chose the faces she liked from some different choices I drew.  She stuffed the doll for her friend and felt like she really helped make them.  She says they were stuffed with love!


They love their new dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment