Tuesday, May 17, 2011

How to make cat ears from felt

 



 My daughter's kindergarten class had a day where they could dress up like a character from their favorite book.  My little one chose to be Pete the Cat, a cute story about a black cat who wears a pair of white tennis shoes. 

Materials needed:
  • Black felt (enough for two ears)
  • Two hair clips or a headband
  • Needle and thread
1.  First I folded the felt in half and cut out two slightly rounded triangles. 
When I opened them up, they were the shape below: 

  
 
2.  Next I folded the felt ear around the hair clip as shown.

 
 3.  Stitch the front of the felt to the back right above the barrette so it stays in place.  If using a headband, do the same around the headband, only make sure that the ears are in the right place.
 

 4.  Now, stitch all around the outside of the ear as shown.
 

5.  Make a second ear and that's it!


These were so fast to make and soooo cute on my little kitty cat.
I also made her a cat tail out of black felt with a wire inside it to keep it curled.

No comments:

Post a Comment